Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last day of school...Hello Summer!!




Graduation from the sandbox

The last day of school is always bittersweet especially after the fabulous (half) year we have had and with another incredible teacher. Of course it is me who tears up with the goodbyes. I have never liked saying goodbye. This year I had the great pleasure of being in the class for over 3 months. Mrs. Watts and I had a great time. Thank you Pam for being a wonderful teacher and now a friend to both Josie and I. Your teaching is a marvel to watch and the kindness and respect you show those kids is remarkable. Thanks for such an incredible experience for Josie and I. We will miss you so much next year.

Thank you also to our dear principal, Donna Robinson. She is retiring and deserves a big round of applause for all she has done for the many students that have come across her path. We are all the fortunate ones to have had her lead our kids. Josie is really able to be at that school because of Donna's hard work and dedication to making it work for everyone. Donna, thank you, congratulations and know that you will missed tremendously.






After school, Jenny Raulli and I surprised Audrey and Josie with getting their ears pierced. They have been asking for so long to do this and to do it together that we decided it would be an nice end of the year/early birthday present. I ended up taking them by myself. They were adorable and brave. Audrey went first and the 2 girls in there did her ears at the same time. I knew that if we did one ear at a time I would be bringing home a couple of pirates because there was no way I would have gotten them to do the other ear. Thankfully Audrey was brave and didn't cry or Josie would have never had gotten up on that chair. Josie gave a whimper after it was done, but they both have beautiful little diamond studs in their ears. Now to keep them clean and infection free.

I can't believe that Josie is done with 2nd grade. It is scary how fast the time is going. I am so proud of her year she has had. It is great to be in Michigan, but hard to miss a half of a year. We are so blessed to have the friends that we do that accept her right back in when she returns. We definitely have some catching up to do, but considering the challenges that she faces everyday (and with a smile on her face may I add) we are doing ok. I'm proud of you Buggy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment