Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Still here


Grandma and Josie. Love the flower.


Josie and her pink flower. How to accessorize a head dressing 101.

In bed in our compound

Our compound. Thanks CHLA!!!


We are still here. I guess they haven't captured everything that they want in order to discharge us. Challenging to keep Josie here and happy when she feels fine. She has had at least a seizure an hour while awake. That is more activity then I realized. They will definitely have to find a solution to the situation.

We are being so well taken care of. For a hospital stay it is the best accommodations that we could have hoped for. I keep hearing the nurses and staff comment as they walk by that they have never seen the room with 2 beds or who is the VIP staying in room ***? Josie and I just laugh. She thinks she is a VIP and for what she has been here for she should feel good.

Since she is attached to the leads, she can only go about 10 feet from the machine. She practiced her walking a few times today walking her 10 feet and back. At least she got something in. She keeps calling it her pony tail because it does look like that dropping down her back.

Tonight at 5:30pm when my mom was here visiting the helicopter landed on the roof. It has done it continuously all day. I made a comment about it and how it is inevitably bring in a serious kid here. My mom made some comment about how we hoped it wasn't someone we know or something like that. We thanked our lucky stars and kept on going. About 9:30 I was talking to one of my friends and she told me that a kindergartner from PCY was hit by a car in La Canada and at 5:30 was airvacted to CHLA. Turns our we do have a connection to the little girl on the 5:30 helicopter transport. Please pray for little Trinity tonight. The update I got was that she was still in the ER and wasn't booked to go to the PICU. All those can be good signs. Prayers please.

Sorry to all of you who have called and I haven't returned those calls. It means so much that you all support Josie. It has been a bit more hectic then I anticipated. Night to all, Jenny and Josie

PS. Josie wanted me to make sure I added a note to Przemek tonight..."Przemek, don't worry, I am ok." Maybe she thought he would be the most worried or something, I don't know, but here is her message. Hopefully you guys are having a remarkable time in Poland and not even reading this right now!!! Congrats to Maks on his first Holy Communion. Can't wait to see pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment