Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday, August 4th

Hi Everyone,

We finally had a hot day here in Michigan yet not humid. We have lucked out with the weather. As far as therapy went today it wasn't award winning. She did a good job on everything but the canes. I think there maybe is fear coming into play. She fells vulnerable and worried about hitting her head. She is actually a lot more stable then she gives herself credit for. Remember towards the beginning I was saying that the she was progressing so quickly that my mind hadn't caught up to her new ability? I think that is what is going on with her right now. Since it was harder for her today it was a good time for Sylvia to begin to teach me how to do the canes. I need to learn all that I can the next few days because I have my work cut out for me during the 3 weeks we are home. We can't let up for a moment and we really can't start doing it incorrectly. This is the year to commit to this and as difficult as it is and will be I owe it to her. This is her life and she deserves the most it can be. Thank you all again for your support. It is all of you that really help us get through each day.

Love, Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment