Wednesday, April 7, 2010

She Nailed It!!

Josie nailed her first day. She truly impressed Przemek and did what she set out to do at home. I can't tell you the joy for both of us to know that our very hard work paid off. Hats off to Liz who put in her share of blood, sweat and tears to make this possible. She really improved her during her time at home. It is like we just got straight A's on our report card. Now that she has progressed, Przemek can work his magic to get her to the next level. You can see the determination return to her eyes as soon as she spotted Przemek.

After we returned home, she is supposed to walk in the house. She began to walk down the hallway to the kitchen. About half way down she let go of her Lilly cane claiming she didn't need it. Guess what? She didn't. She walked the rest of the way down the hall with just Rita cane. She weight shifted and actually did most of it without any of my help. I think I actually caught her twice. She is going to master this and it is so exciting. She told Przemek that her goal was to walk up to receive her first communion. Totally achievable.

Before therapy, we got to see our friends, the Eger's. Josie was so delighted to see them and can't wait to spend time with them. It is encouraging for her to be with Melissa because Melissa couldn't walk either and is also learning. Melissa took independent steps after her treatment at the same therapy center. Good for the girls to see each other's progress and push each other a bit.

So at the end of the day today I just want to scream...We did it Liz..so I am now screaming WE DID IT LIZ!!!!! THANK YOU!! and I am also screaming YOU DID IT JOSIE!! I LOVE YOU, YOU LITTLE CHAMPION!

PS. The internet connection isn't strong enough here to load the pictures and video from today. I will try to get them on tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy!!! I got your message earlier...I was in the movies with my boys (seeing "How to Train a Dragon")...I am so glad that Przemek is pleased with her progress! Nothing like the seal of approval to know it was worth all the hard work! Keep it up Josie! Can't wait to see you when you get back! Love you! Miss Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Josie and Jenny! Very exciting! So proud of both of you! Keep up the good work!
    xoxo - Raych

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good Job Josie!

    Ann & Cole

    ReplyDelete