Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We are back...but not in action

Read this with humor...that is how I am writing it

We are officially in Michigan, but not at therapy. It has been an interesting 48 hours. Josie has had a good bout with allergies since early March. So on Sunday at church I chalked up her coughing attack throughout the whole Mass to good old allergies. On Monday, she had a tremendously runny nose, coughing and sneezing...still allergies right?? Wrong. Being the not so smart mom it finally dawned on me on Delta Airlines at 36,000 feet in the air over Nebraska that maybe she has the same cold that I have had for 9 days...duh!! As we are over Nebraska she begins complaining of a headache. Not ever a good sign when she complains of head pain. I realize quickly that my next smart mom move was that I put the Tylenol in the suitcase not in my purse. I also know that if she is getting a fever I have to get it down immediately before it causes a grand mal seizure over Nebraska. I ask the flight attendant if she has kids Tylenol. No luck. The nice attendant makes an announcement over the loud speaker saying that there was a sick child on the plane and id anyone have any kids Tylenol...3 people to the rescue..that is precisely why they are all still in the running for mom of the year award and I am clearly not!! Turns out that the Tylenol helped and I don't think she had a fever just pressure from the cold. She perks up at this point and seems to be pretty good for the rest of the day. We landed, picked up our rental car (after 2 hours, yet another story), went to the market and to Jeanie's for dinner. She was so happy to be back. She remembered all 4 guys names at the store and they her. She was delighted to see Jeanie, Theo and Roger. Then at bed time she began her coughing all over again. Long night.

That brings us to today. Today = cancelling therapy (I can't even believe it. We didn't cancel once in the last 5 month time we were here. I have also worked so hard to get her healthy and ready for these 3 weeks), not getting to see her good friends the Egers as planned, not taking Theo for a walk, spending 2 1/2 hours at the Grosse Pointe Urgent Care for both of us to diagnose me with a sinus infection and Josie with tonsillitis, a trip to the health food store for natural cough and cold remedy, CVS for both of our prescriptions, Trader Joe's for makings for soup, back to CVS to pick up prescriptions, home for soup, tv and bed. Huge bummer to miss therapy. We will attempt it tomorrow. She is so excited to be here and to work hard.

All I can do at this point is laugh. It is almost like watching a comedy show. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in fast without increasing her seizures and we can both get to work.

Her goal these short 3 weeks to get fast enough to walk up part of the church isle on her canes to receive her first Holy Communion on Saturday, May 1st. This will be a week after we return home. It is a good and achievable goal. Keep her in your prayers. She will need as much strength as she can gather while she is here. Sweet dreams, Jenny and Josie

PS. I haven't even ordered the invitations for First Communion yet. We are planning on a party at our house after with the Los Gringos taco truck. Let my know if you want to join us. Just email me. I will be working on official invites this week. Cheers

1 comment:

  1. take care you guys.....count us in for the first communion party!

    Ann, Doug & Cole

    ReplyDelete