Wednesday, May 5, 2010

200th Post

Wow, we hit the 200th blog post. Looking back, it is remarkable to see what we have accomplished over these 200 posts. 200 more to go and she should be walking!! Yeah. Thanks to all of you who are taking this blog adventure with us. I will have to step it up a bit more in the next 200.

Happy Cinco de Mayo to all of you. We had a great dinner with Josie's preschool teacher and our dear friend, Miss Monica and her absolutely adorable Ben. I could eat those cheeks of his. I wasn't thinking (not unusual) and picked to go to dinner at Dona Rosa. Luckily, not all of Pasadena decided to join us there. We got lucky to get a table. It was a pleasure to be with them and catch up.

Josie is doing really well with Mrs. G at school and visa versa. Tomorrow will be my first day to leave all day. Nervous and excited all at once. I am a little skittish just because of the recent fall, but I know with Mrs. Watts and Mrs. G she is in excellent hands. I can't keep her in a padded room for the rest of her life not matter how much I would like to.

So, I haven't posted in a few days mainly because I am too tired when I should be doing it. SO quick update here. Josie went to therapy with my mom yesterday. The report was that she did a great job and walked well for Liz. I had a meeting so my nice mother took Josie. In the morning yesterday, I went out to let the bunnies out of their cage only to find Gabrielle's foot stuck in the grate. It had swelled up and it was impossible for me to pull it back out. Of course I tried and during the unsuccessful attempts, the bunny bit me hard on my finger. It drew blood and really hurt. The bunny has been sick for a few weeks which freaked me out. I had to call Al at my dad's office to bring wire cutters over and help cut the cage to free the leg. Thanks to Al we got her out. From there I had to go up to school to meet Josie and thank goodness I ran into Michelle Urata (Dr. Mark Urata's wife who is also a doctor). She said I definitely needed a Tetanus shot. She was the greatest to call Mark and had him bring one home that night. So this morning I ran by their house to get my shot. What luck we are having. Thanks Urata's for taking care of us once again!! Love that I talked you into moving to La Canada 7 years ago!

On a fun note, my friends, Camilla, Dolly and Ann Drummond stopped by for a very impromptu lunch. It has been so long since I have been able to visit with any of my LC friends. What a treat.

Josie is doing much better today. I think she has made a full recovery now. Thanks be to God that she is ok. Mark Urata and I sort of decided that after the new year would probably be a good time to start putting some kind of skull on. We will start looking at that now. Freaks me out to do it and freaks me out not to have it. I am thankful we are in good hands.

Przemek- I took video the day I spoke to you but it was so bad, I am going to re shoot it when we are at Liz's tomorrow. I will tape her with her new canes and her red. If you don't mind, can you look at it on Friday? Sorry to hold you up about this.

Con Mucho Amor, Jenny and Josie

2 comments:

  1. YAY for 200 posts and 200 more!!!

    Thank you Jenny for allowing us to stay updated on you and Josie's lives. And, Josie, thank you for all of your hard work, you are an inspiration to all of us :)

    Lots of Love - Raych

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to
    look it over. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to
    my followers! Terrific blog and superb style and design.



    Also visit my weblog; free server newcamd cccam blogspot com

    ReplyDelete