Friday, May 28, 2010

Best laid plans...

Juggling the past week's activities has been some what of a challenge. Of course a good challenge to have, but none the less a challenge. Grandma has been working overtime and Josie loves that. Last night was Open House at school. Grams, Gramps, Steph, Luke and I went to see all the amazing things Josie has been up to at school. She was very proud to show off her classroom and we were equally as proud to see it. I will never get over the appreciation I have that she is even capable of being there. Special people like her teacher, Pam Watts and our principal, Donna Robinson, are the angels that make it happen. For this I am eternally grateful.

Josie had a rough night sleeping last night. She either had allergies or is getting a cold. She was very congested that lead to a lot of choking in which I had to keep helping her clear her throat and get her breath. I tried propping her up even higher then she already has to be for her head. I turned her to every position I could think of, but nothing worked really well. She also announces the onset of 2 seizures during the night. The only seizure that I have ever seen at night was one of her first grand mals 2 1/2 years ago. I don't like the increase and intensity in which the seizures are coming right now. Good thing we will be in patient next week to monitor and map them.

Plans today were supposed to be the snake walk around all the classrooms at school and lunch with your kid day. I was supposed to be at a meeting in Orange County so I lined up Grams and Gramps to be the have lunch with your kid day volunteers. Josie was more than thrilled that they were coming so it was disappointing when we had to cancel. Next time. I wasn't comfortable leaving her with anyone else today with the seizures. She did have quite a few longer and more intense ones today, but thankfully no grand mals. So my great plans changed and there you have it.

We did get a chance to practice our walking more today. I need to step up (no pun intended) the program. I have let other things take precedent over walking and I absolutely can't do that. She is starting to find her balance herself a bit more now. She was dancing tonight and instead of bending back to the point of me completely holding her up she seemed to stop herself and bring her own body up without my help. We practiced doing a lot of short walks. 8 feet or so and then start again. This way I could get her to work longer because she wasn't dreading the length. Thin of these a wind sprints.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend. We plan on spending time digging at the beach and swimming in Grams and Gramp's pool. Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment