Friday, December 11, 2009

Drummond Speedway

So today the afterburners kicked in...well, Josie style afterburners that is. Josie and I went to Ann, Cole and Doug Drummond's today for a Mending Kids meeting. Josie was so excited to show them her new found walking skills. She walked in over the carpet which she can do now but has to be more careful. Then she hit the hardwood floors and for her, took off. Ann even asked me when she got so fast and it was literally 2 steps before she asked the question..."right now" I think was my answer. It probably helped having a very handsome 8 year old boy watching her walk and the need to show off a bit!! She even had adorable Charlie puppy jumping on her and she still stayed up. It still amazes me to watch this progress. All of a sudden the brain must make these important connections and something new happens. Remarkable. Keep them coming.

This morning we met with Josie's new aid for school, Sheri. The school hired her while we were in Michigan because they felt she was the best to meet Josie's needs. She is going to be fantastic for Josie. I am so hopeful that she will make school and learning fun and will be able to more her forward in the education area. I love her enthusiasm and creativity.

We met Luke and Steph for lunch at Chipotle. Josie walked in with her canes. As we approached the counter to order she looked in and said, "oh that is what is up there." It dawned on me at that moment that she had never seen the food on the counter because she was always in her stroller and couldn't see up there. She was so intrigued watching them make the food. Whole new world to see for her now.

Josie walked into her hair appointment today as well. They were all proud of her and astonished with the progress. I know I sound like an awful broken record and it is probably because I am still in shock myself. I will try to tone it down some. Happy rainy (in So. Cal) and snowy (in Michigan) night to all, Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment