Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Welcome Trent Michael Hull


Girls at therapy together

Miss Cindy and Miss Liz with Teresa and Josie

Steph, Grandma, Mom and I

Joellen and Mom


Trent Michael Hull made his grand debut on Saturday at 2 AM. We have only seen pictures which are adorable, but can't wait to hold him in a couple of weeks. Congrats Brian, Michele and Matt. Matt- we know you will be a great big brother to Trent.

Josie has been doing really well in therapy here with Liz and Liz has done a great job with Josie. Liz has been trained by Izabella in Michigan so she can train Josie is this specific method that has proven to work miracles for Josie. Josie's walking seems to improve daily. Again, it is a slow precess but is sped up with this method. Teresa and Josie got to do therapy in the same room together on Monday. Teresa is working with Cindy for the first hour of Josie's therapy with Liz. Both girls were overjoyed to be together. After Teresa was finished, she Florie and I watched Josie practice her walking with Liz. When Josie started to walk Teresa started to giggle and try to talk to her. It was like she was so proud to see her sister walk. At one point I looked over at Teresa and said hi and she looked right at me and said, "hi". It was the first time I have ever heard her say it. The Cajas's kept telling me that she would say a couple of words but I hadn't heard them before. That was a treat. I know she is in there and must be so frustrated not to be able to communicate everything.

Today we had my mom and Joellen Yundt (my mom's best friend of 50 years) 60th birthday tea. We had 40 of their friends to the Scarlett Tea Room in Pasadena. It was so wonderful to have all their friends there to celebrate. My mom and Joellen's birthday is Dec 10th and they have celebrated every year together since they were 10 years old. They went all through school together and were even college roommates. Julia Yundt, Steph and I were thrilled to be able to do this for our wonderful moms. We love you both.

After the party, I stayed there and had our Brownie troop there for our Christmas party. Last year we did a meeting on etiquette. I got each girl their own tea cup and taught them how to set a proper table, serve the meal, and use proper etiquette at the table. They had so much fun they kept asking if they could go to tea sometime and try it out so we did. They are such a nice group of girls that have been together since kindergarten.

Off to bed we go to get ready for another adventurous day tomorrow to the neurosurgeon at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles. We get the results of the MRI tomorrow and we have a few head questions for him. Will update tomorrow. Love to all, Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment