Wednesday, December 2, 2009

MRI


Apparently I have freaked Josie out about NOT getting sick. She asked for a mask today at the hospital so she wouldn't get sick!


Tea Party under the table with Grandpa

Today Josie had an MRI. It was the first one that she has done awake. She was trying to be so brave about the whole thing even though I could tell she was nervous about it. I kept telling her that she could stay awake and that they had this video in it that she could just watch her movie. She was delighted about that part. When we got in there I found out that it was with and without contrast which meant an IV. Oh let's just say that didn't go over very well. She burst into tears and wasn't going to let the nurse put it in. I think the other nurses were wondering why a child that has had more blood test, pic lines etc then they have ever even preformed was freaking out. Well, she is older and with the ability to remember those moments. After the initial shock she calmed down and did a great job. I got to stay in for the whole scan and hold her hand...I was half way in the tube with her but I promised I wouldn't let go. Let's just pray know that the scan comes out clean which I am almost sure it will.

Before her MRI, I went with Camilla, Dolly and Josie to my friends house to hear a wonderful speaker, Dr. Cindi Peterson. She has an amazing life story filled with happiness and sorrow but overcoming the sorrow with dignity and grace. It was a treat to be with Camilla and Dolly since it had been so long. It also is amazing and inspiring to listen to someone like that at the start of our busiest time of year. It puts life into perspective and I hope to slow down this holiday season to enjoy what is really important to me. Happy beginning of Advent to all. Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment