Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Regrouping

After much consideration, I have decided to take the next couple of weeks a little slower than anticipated. Josie is doing really well physically, but needs more time to regroup and recharge after the intense 5 months she just had. I was planning on putting her back in school next Monday. She isn't ready to start up yet. She needs to let down a bit and regroup. Her mind and body have gone through a sort of boot camp and she needs some time to unwind and digest it all. She needs to really put to use what she has learned and iron out the kinks. She is walking so well and mostly without cuing. I spoke with her principal today and she actually totally agreed. It is so nice to have her support and help. I can't tell you how fortunate we are be at Paradise Canyon.

Josie had Liz today for her first 3 hour workout with her. I dropped her off and ran up to Mending Kids for part of her workout. When I returned, Josie was walking with Liz and her legs looked like a baby giraffe just after birth. They were so fatigued that she was buckling!! I have great confidence that Liz will propel her forward.

I think I need the regrouping and unwinding as well. We hit the ground running...exactly what I didn't want to happen. Life gets so busy and I need to be better at slowing down. It doesn't do either of us any good to keep up a frantic pace. So on that note, good night. Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment