Sunday, February 21, 2010

The DD's in the Pasadena Marathon


At the finish line


Alethea and Roberto - CONRATS Roberto on your first marathon - You Rock!!



I never really mention what I am doing on these blog entries, but a few of my friends and I did something really fun today. We ran a relay in the Pasadena Marathon. The DD's (Dealing Divas that is the name of our card group) split up the 26.2 miles into 6 legs. I was the first leg which was a blast taking off with all the people. We got to run mostly through the residential area of Pasadena with some phenomenal homes. It was inspiring to see so many people taking off to run 1/2 and full marathons. Anytime I felt tired and wanted to walk, I just thought of Josie and how much she wants to run. That definitely kept me going. I was blessed with 2 working legs, it is my own fault that I don't push them to their potential.

After me was Orsi Crawford, then Emily Woods, onto Camilla Hartman, then Mary Perkins and finishing the last leg was Alethea Crespo. It was so great knowing that there was someone to high five as you ended your leg and that then someone else took off. We decided that next time we will pair up and each leg will be 6 miles. We all could have done that today. We had a nice lunch together after. Great moment with great friends. Thanks girls We finished in 4 hours and 32 minutes. Good for our first one. Now we have a time to beat for the next one. Thanks girls for bringing my crazy New Year's dream to life!

Josie had a nice day at home today with Grandma. She was certainly happy to have her all to herself to play with. Thanks mom.

Off to bed. Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment