Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Lucky Us

We are so incredibly blessed to have wonderful people in our lives. I love taking Josie to school and seeing the great love and support she gets there from all the kids. When I was on the treadmill today watching the news (horribly depressing) I realized how lucky we are to be in a happy and healthy environment. I picked up Josie from therapy after that and realized how fortunate we are to have great therapists in our lives. I miss our CHLA ones so much and can't wait until we can get back there. On the way home I got to speak with a friend of mine who I haven't been in close contact with regarding Mending Kids stuff and was so pleased to to talk again. Tonight I got to go play cards at my sister's house with my cards group and I know how fortunate I am to have that group of friends. We love our family more than anything. I could go on and on and on, but I will stop with the mushy part now.

Josie is moving ahead in her life. She is getting the hang of the school thing. I can't believe how well she is adapting to the rigorous schedule with school and therapy. I will try to post video of her walking in the next few days. I shot some today, but it was after 3 hours of therapy and her legs could barely hold herself up they were so fatigued.

One cute story that happened this morning in class. Mrs. Watts asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. Josie of course answered that she wants to be a veterinarian. She said that she has a dog, 3 bunnies, 2 frogs, and a fish. Mrs. Watts said that that must help her with her decision to be a vet. Josie's response to that was, "Yes it really inspires me." That comment stopped Mrs. Watts and I in our tracks. I love the word inspires in that phrase. She never stops to amaze me in her thought process.

Good night to all. You all truly inspire us. Jenny and Josie

PS. Congrats Dolly on the big win tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment