Thursday, February 4, 2010

Kick Ball






So the new game of choice at recess is kick ball. She decided that since the ball is rolled on the ground this would be the perfect ball activity for her. When it was her turn to kick the first time, I let her start running and I just balanced her. All of a sudden her competitive side kicked in and she told me to hold her and RUN!! Just remember: don't tell her she is handicap because she still doesn't see it!! By the second recess the game had picked up popularity and we had 15 on each team. She kept telling me that she just has to kick and run. She forgets that her horse (me) isn't as quick as she would like. So cute.

This morning it was readers workshop in class the kids get to pick a book and sit anywhere in the classroom to read. Today Mrs. Watts was reading with Josie in the classroom library area. Cole thought they looked so comfortable that he just laid down next to them and read his book. See the picture above. Darling!

Today was parachute day at P.E. Nothing more fun! See pic above

We have to pick up the frequency of her walking again. I feel like we lost a bit from being sick last week. I can't afford her to go backwards at all. I have to remember not to let life get in the way of her progress. It is so easy to regress because it is so much effort to maintain and even more to advance. Don't get me wrong, she hasn't really lost anything she just hasn't moved forward this past week. (Przemek and Sylwia don't freak out. I just want to see more forward movement) I have my work cut out from me this weekend.

Off to bed. 2nd grade will come fast tomorrow. I sure hope they find an aid. We are finishing up week 5. Night, Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment