Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Barefeet






During the car ride home from therapy today, Josie took off her shoes. I wanted her to keep them on because I wanted her to walk inside the house. (I so stupidly forgot to bring the canes to therapy today. We used them last night at the Eger's and I put them in the back of the bike and forgot to take them out. When you go to walking therapy it is always a good idea to bring the "walking" items. Somehow this could be a new blonde joke.) Back to the point...instead of putting her shoes back on, I decided to see if she could walk barefooted. Guess what? She can!!! She grabbed her canes and walked right down the hallway. She bent her knees slightly, but everything else was great. I didn't have to support her at all. Cute little flippers marching down the hall.

We went for a bike ride tonight and ended up at the Livingstons. Reggie gave us a quick outdoor drum concert. He got drums for his birthday. What a smile he had!! Josie enjoyed playing them too. We went for a walk and then rode home. I love summer and especially warm summer nights.

As for therapy, Josie did a good job for Sylwia. Her standing was remarkably better today than yesterday. She was so consistent with 30s. She is really conquering this skill quickly. Until tomorrow, Jenny and Josie

PS. I almost forgot that she walked all over Village Toys today. She was fairly quick and very stable. I am trying to do more walking outtings she gets used to real life with her walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment