Friday, September 17, 2010

1 Step Closer

Literally, we are 1 step closer to walking because SHE TOOK HER FIRST INDEPENDENT STEP!!! Przemek was just doing her standing exercises and all of a sudden he asked her to shift her weight onto her left leg and to step with her right....she did!! Now as excited as I was to see this, let me not blow it out of proportion. Almost as soon as she lifted her leg and set it back down she leaned back against the wall. The good part was that she could actually lift it and set it down without falling. It is a step in the right direction (no pun intended). There is still so much to do before real independent walking is achieved but I was excited for this one moment. She loved it too and now she doesn't want to practice standing only stepping.

It has been a fun and fast week here. It has been so busy with adding school to the mix. We will see how we can make it all work. Josie did get a bit whiny at therapy which is unusual so I will increase her sleep schedule. I need her to read and walk. Thanks for checking in. I will be more diligent about the posts. Maybe I need to increase the sleep too since I have fallen asleep the past 2 nights before posting on the blog. Jenny and Josie

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! 'They call her hot steppa!' Great job Jos! Keep up the hard work

    ReplyDelete