Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One Sick Little Girl


This was about as chipper as I saw her all day.

Trying her hardest to keep the old fashion thermometer under her tongue

OK, so here is what Josie did today, lied in bed. Poor little thing is feeling awful. She did move onto the couch this afternoon for a bit and watched me do my workout video. I am convinced this made her sicker!! Besides that she only got out of bed to use the restroom. She spiked a fever tonight so we definitely won't go to school or therapy tomorrow. It is so unlike her to get sick and especially this sick. It is worrying her a bit.

I did learn something today and that is I need to stop panicking about what might not get accomplished in our short time left here this fall and focus on what we have done and be thankful of what still lies ahead of us. We are the fortunate ones that get to return home to one of the best therapists in this method, Liz. We also have our fabulous therapists, Susan and Jen, at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles. Most people who leave here don't even have a decent therapist trained in traditional therapy even close to them not to mention this method. It was good for me to take a step back on put things into perspective. Now back to my nursing duties. I have a sneaky suspicion that we are in for a long night. Please send up a quick prayer for fast healing for Josie. Thanks, Jenny and Josie

1 comment:

  1. will for sure say some prayers for you, sweet josie, to get better soon!
    *you are such a rockstar*
    sending lots of love, hugs, and kisses,
    justin, victoria, and moriah

    ReplyDelete