Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Too Cool at School

Mrs. W and Josie (funny face Josie is making)


It was a big school day for Josie today. Yesterday, we had an IEP at the local elementary school. It was decided by myself and the staff from school that it was in Josie's best educational interest that she attends school for one hour and forty five minutes a day instead of receiving homebound services. This is an exciting decision because it means that she has matured, grown and can handle more than just therapy everyday. It is also bittersweet because we LOVE Mrs. Bergman and will be sad not to have her at the house. I think this new learning environment with the resource teacher, Mrs. W., will be positive for Josie. She has a lot of intensive programs going on right now. I see why God allows us to learn one big milestone at a time in life. It is hard to learn to walk and to read and learn at the same time. Josie is handling it with grace and maturity.

Since we are on the topic of school, there is a great quote on my Philosophy shampoo bottle..I know crazy place to get an inspirational quote, but appropriate for the philosophy to life...Here is goes

AMAZING GRACE Philosophy:Life is a classroom. we are both student and teacher. each day is a test. and each day we receive a passing or failing grade in one particular subject: Grace. grace is compassion, gratitude, surrender, faith, forgiveness, good manners, reverence, and the list goes on. it's something money can not buy and credentials rarely produce. being the smartest, the prettiest, the most talented, the richest, or even the poorest can't help. being a humble person can and being a helpful person can guide you through your days with grace and gratitude.

Happy school days to all of us, Jenny and Josie

PS. I forgot about therapy. Josie had a great season today. She is back with Przemek, but misses Slywia. She stood up for the first time from sitting on a bench. I taped it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny and Josie.

    I am so proud of all the work you are doing in therapy Josie!!! I loved the photos of you walking to get Dairy Queen ice cream and I love how you stood up today from the bench. School looks like it will be a lot of fun too. All the best to both of you and know that I am thinking of you.

    BEST!

    Susan Knight

    ReplyDelete
  2. JOSIE BUG!

    I am smiling from ear to ear after watching the video of you getting up from the bench. Truly amazing and inspiring! Keep up the hard work!! Thanks for posting Jen :)

    xox - Miss you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Josie!!! That was amazing to watch and I can't wait to see it in person in a couple of weeks :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen I loved your quote from the shampoo bottle!
    And Josie Bug, you are an all star! I cannot wait to do a 'stand up race'! I love you and and I cannot wait to see you. Keep up the hard work. You guys are truly amazing

    ReplyDelete