Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ice Skating





Josie has wanted to go ice skating for a really long time now. I just couldn't quite figure out how exactly to make that work. After school we went to the Pasadena ice rink to give it a try. I brought the Crocodile walker thinking that would be the best idea. After I got her skates on (after 2 pairs) I put her in the walker and onto the ice. Immediately the feet went out in front of her. After realizing that there was no good or safe way to make this work, I put her back in her blue cadillac. Bingo it totally worked. We skated for an hour and she couldn't have been happier. She was moving her arms all over like a professional skater. She would spin in circles> most importantly she was having a ball and was really safe. Tomorrow I am taking the whole Brownie troop there so we wanted to check it out first. Tomorrow I am going to use the blue Cadillac again but remove the blue foot plate so she can put skates on, feel the feeling of the ice under her feet and still be extremely safe on the ice. Loved hearing her laughter on the ice. Don't tell us know, just let me figure it out and it will be done.

At school today she got %100 on her purple words spelling test. She was so proud of all her hard work and accomplishment. We are moving onto the blue words tonight. She is doing really well in school. I am so proud of her. Thanks for checking in. Jenny and Josie

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea Jen, so fun! Josie, you look like a pro!! Miss you both. xo - Raych

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just incredible sis! Josie's smile says it all.
    Josiebug-I cannot wait to see your moves. Love you.

    ReplyDelete