Thursday, July 15, 2010

23 seconds, no wait it was...

So let me set the scene for you..I walked in towards the end of therapy to see the standing exercises. Josie and Sylwia were so excited to show me the 23 seconds sign!! She had gone from 18 to 23 in a day. They were so delighted. Sylwia told Josie that if she did it again for me she could go home. 3 times later she made it to 28... yes 28, 28, 28 I am still dancing. We are almost half way there until she can learn independent stepping. She went from 18 to 28 in a day. The best part is that I got it on video(see below). We all are so pleased with her determination. She wants this so much and she can see it working. So proud with her 28 seconds sign. Look at how amazing she looks standing there. The wall is supporting her, but she is so straight and strong Celebrating together. They work hard together. Hey guys this picture is old news! I think the number is 28 Here is our new bike and trailer and Josie in it ready to go to her morning Chickadee practice. The Diva Swim Chick We had such a nice evening at the Little Club last night with the Egers. We are so happy that we were afforded the opportunity to join there as out of town members. Josie and I rode on the bike and trailer down there. It was a beautiful evening out. Every time we get on the bike she tells me that this is living! She has heard that a few times before I think. We rode home after dinner in the dark with our lights on. A new adventure in our world.

Now onto today, after we arrived home after therapy today, Josie walked with her canes inside the house and was headed for the kitchen. There is a slight slant in the first hallway and in 2 years she has never been able to compensate with her weight shifting to stay up by herself down all the way down the hallway. Tonight she conquered it. She was staying up and adjusted so well. She and I were so pleased with her walking. Right when we got to the door to our bedroom and bathroom she announced that she needed to use the bathroom. I told her to leave her canes and we would come right back to them. She told me no. I thought she meant no she didn't want to keep doing them. I told her that Sylwia really wanted more practice at home tonight. She told me no, I don't want to stop for the bathroom I am walking so well I don't want it to stop...Love Her! She has the bug to do this. She marched herself all the way to the kitchen table, let go of her right cane and held the table and got to the chair. I put her up in it, she exclaimed, "I did it" and then we went running and laughing to the bathroom. Thanks for checking in. See that the Internet holds up tomorrow, I will post again. The internet has been so spotty here that I have had a harder time posting and the emails are totally backing up. Oh well, long live summer!! Jenny and Josie


This one is Josie standing for 28 seconds

This is her celebrating

2 comments: