Monday, July 26, 2010

Back with Przemek

Josie is officially back with Przemek today. She is so lucky to get to work with both he and Sylwia. The lucky part of the next 3 weeks is that her buddy Melissa is working with Sylwia while she is with Przemek. It is great to be there with the Egers. What a treat for both Josie and I. We just need Janie and Reggie there and the gang would be complete. Some day!!

It was a mixed up day today for therapy. Yesterday when we returned to the airport from Houston, I noticed that my car looked really low in the back. I tried to drive it anyway, but I got flashing signs to pull over. I turned around and went to Enterprise and rented a car and parked mine in the outdoor long term lot at the airport. Today I had to go back and deal with it all. Very lucky for me is that Lory was at therapy today. She was able to bring Josie home for me while I was with the tow truck and car. I dropped Josie with Przemek and went back to the airport. It was quite an experience, but thankful it went OK.

Meanwhile, little miss Thing was doing her thing. Przemek called 5 minutes after the workout was complete to give me an update. He was so pleased to report that she stood 25 seconds for him, but the good news is that she consistently had 22's and
23's. Usually if she hits a record it is once. This time it was consistent. He held down her left foot one time and she went to 36. She is definitely improving. He is going to continue the standing and also increase the walking with canes. The ultimate goal is to get independent steps. However the imminent goal is to get her practically running like Melissa on her canes. We want her to be so proficient that she can access her community on them especially the classroom at school.

Thanks for checking in. We are ready for more fun to happen with Przemek and will be pleased t share the progress with all of you. Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment