Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Week in the Desert

We are out at the desert for a much needed and relaxing Thanksgiving week. Before we got here we had a few things to do. On Thursday, we went to Dr. Mitchell, Josie's neurologist at Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, for a check up. We were incredibly excited to tell her about the Omega helping subside those darn seizures. She always refers to Josie as "unique" and was relieved to hear that we found something. Unfortunately there isn't much else we can do pharmaceutical wise that will be of much use. We will keep on the Omegas and also keep up on what we can do holistically to stay ahead of it. On Friday, we saw Dr. Collin's, our holistic doctor. She was delighted with the Omega and tested her for a few other things. She has put her on other brain supports and liver detox for all the epileptic drugs she still has to take. It is refreshing to see her because she offers such positive support for her system.

After Dr. Collins, we were off to Orange County for meetings. Josie was supposed to go with my parents to the desert, but my poor mom's back went out. That has never happened to her before. I took Josie with me, because my mom can't lift her. We got to spend the night with the Amigleo's. She had a slumber party with Reagan. She was so proud to be on her own. It is always fun to be with the 4 Amigleo kids. It has been 5 months since we have been with them.


On Saturday we headed out to the desert. My parents were already there. We have been so relaxed which is switch for us. Josie got to swim, play and just be a kid. She had 2 full days off from walking which scared me. I was so concerned that she would lose something during this time. I put her on her canes and off she went. I didn't have to touch her and only had to catch her once or twice. She has been like that ever since. I tried to video tape her walking today to send to Przemek and Sylwia, but when I looked at it I cut off her head and feet. Sorry guys, I will try it again tomorrow.

Josie getting her nails done...only way I can get her to sit while I get a pedicure

Walking at the desert house

Sending a big Happy Birthday to our sweet Cole Drummond!! Sorry we weren't there to celebrate with you!!!

Grams and Gramps arrived today. The rest of the gang comes tonight. It will be a glorious day tomorrow to all be together. Thanks for checking in on us. Jenny and Josie

Dinner at Babe's with Grams and Gramps

No comments:

Post a Comment