Monday, October 19, 2009

18 and Princess Pig


Princess Pig side view with coat on

front view with coat on

Crown

without coat- notice the boats on the feet because it is so cold here.

What do 18 and Princess Pig have to do with each other you ask?? NOTHING! 18 - that is the number of steps that Josie took tonight on her canes, Rita and Lilly, in the kitchen without any help!!! You have no idea how great this is and how quickly her confidence has come back. I don't want to completely count my chickens before they hatch but this is huge progress. Last week I thought that maybe I had maxed her out and we should call it a good run for now. Today I wish they didn't get snow here and we could go all year. One day, one hour, one minute at a time. I am newly encouraged and I think she feels the same. There was no argument or fight tonight to walk. Just doing it. She even walked twice. Over to the stove, helped me cook her soup and then back to the table. Then she walked 18 steps across the kitchen floor, started to fall I caught her and she kept going to her bedroom. Wow.

Przemek also decided that he would go back to the basics of walking like with the parallel bars, walker, etc to build her confidence and break her fear. He was gentle, patient and kind today. He really liked meeting Rita and Lilly and used the same names and method which proved to be highly successful.

She was so tired tonight she didn't even want me to read to her. She is trying so hard. I am looking forward to seeing the progress tomorrow.

As far as Teresa goes, they postponed her until tomorrow. All levels are normal and she is doing very well physically. They will take her into the OR in the morning if all stays ok. She is so depressed that they need to get those shunts back in there, wait the 5 days in hospital for observation and then get home. She will perk up when she leaves. Florie and Werner need to get home too. It has been so stressful for them with her in for a month and the ups and downs she has been through. So, she needs your prayers again tomorrow.

And finally, Princess Pig. I heard from many of you how disappointed you were that there weren't pictures of the pig costume...here they are! Best to all, Jenny and Josie, Rita, Lilly and Princess Pig

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Princess Pig Rocks! You guys should start a business making princess outfits for pigs!

    ReplyDelete