Saturday, July 25, 2009

Birthday and Chickadee Performance

The Swim Chicks

Josie the Chickadee


The Chickadees

















The Coaches - Charlotte, Katie, Colleen, Elyse with Josie, Ava and Robin







What an remarkable day. It was jam packed with a great performance by all the Swim Chicks and birthday celebrations. Josie had such a great time being apart of the Swim Chicks. A special thanks to Robin Hartnett who not only said yes she could do it but having faith in Josie's ability. Thank you Colleen for taking such great care of Josie and to Ava, Elyse and Katie for your excellent coaching. To be apart of a team was one of the highlights of being here in Michigan.

I will put up the video of the big show (or just the Chickadee part). After the show we had a team dinner and everyone sang happy birthday to Josie. It was fun to have Roger, Jeanie, The Savages and my mom there to celebrate with us.

One funny thing...apparently Josie is feeling confident in her new strength and ability. As my mom and I were unpacking the car this morning we walked back out to get her out and she had taken off her seat belt and was standing up holding on the back of the headrest. I nearly fell over. I was both happy and scared. Later this evening I was inside the party and my mom was helping cut the birthday cake. Josie was outside with some of her friends and the Savages opening gifts. I walked out and she was standing at the table barefoot. When I commented on it Fay Savage said she was doing that earlier. OK new rules no standing without mom, grandma or a therapist there. I never thought that would be a rule and delighted it is.

Enjoy the pictures and videos. It captures the day better then my explanations.

Happy Birthday to our friends Hillary Raulli and CJ Crawford. We miss you!

Love, Jenny and Josie

3 comments:

  1. Josie,
    Congratulations!! I hope you had an awesome birthday!!! You did a great job in the show, and I am so proud of you!!! It was so much fun swimming with you! I'm sure I will be seeing you around more this summer at the pool.
    Love,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josie,

    You are standing so tall and straight! Great Job!

    Ann & Cole

    ReplyDelete
  3. love to have her in the shower after her swim, I love kids and I love shower sex

    ReplyDelete