Monday, November 16, 2009

Speechless

OK, I know most of you who know me are thinking that speechless and I don't usually collide in the same sentence. Well folks today they did and they did for everyone at therapy as Josie glided across the floor like she has been walking for more then 2 weeks. It was remarkable. I was speechless, Przemek and Silwia couldn't stop smiling and laughing and Max (their son) was doing "good walking" dances. Przemek kept asking were Josie was because it was so smooth, concentrated and controlled it couldn't possibly be her. At one point he even started to teach her to go faster...at this point the walking is really slow so it can be perfect and controlled and quite frankly she can't go faster yet. I am so pleased with this progress I just can hardly believe it.

Tomorrow we will begin the preparations for our departure. A program needs to be written and recorded for us to take with us. There are things I need to learn so as she advances in her ability I am able to keep teaching her (should have gotten my PT license). It is going to be so exciting to watch her take what she has learned and start to apply it in her everyday routine.

I will try to video more walking tomorrow. I can't believe I didn't have the camera today. I left it at home by mistake which I haven't done since we have been here. Josie is taking this all in stride like it is no big deal. She walks in the house now and even started her own bath again tonight. Let me remind you that I am always with her but she is taking responsibility for herself. It is exciting to see her mind and world grow as her independence gets better. 4 more days to learn it all!! Until tomorrow, Ciao...Jenny and Josie

PS. One more exciting piece of news...there is a set of head conjoined twins that are 3 year old girls that are currently undergoing separation surgery in Australia. The lasted report is that they have been separated and are undergoing the head reconstruction part. Brings back many memories. I am glad we are past that and excited to hear that the girls are doing well so far. You can see their story at www.rch.org.au. Click on their picture and then go to the top of the page it will give the latest updates. Prayers are needed for them. This is the beginning of a long, but exciting road.

No comments:

Post a Comment