Sunday, January 17, 2010

Another weekend in the Desert

We snuck away for another weekend in the desert with my parents and grandparents. It is such a treat to get to come down here. It is so good for Josie physically, too. She does a lot of walking here. We are able to slow down and just focus on getting around. She also swims everyday which helps the most on keeping up her endurance. I am thankful that my parents have this place and are so generous with letting us come here so much.

Josie had such a fun day today. We got to take her two friends, Caroline Dick and Sophia Dragna to see The Princess and the Frog. Josie was so excited that she asked to wait in the car an hour before we were leaving. The movie was cute but the girls together were cuter. They were so giggly and happy. Fun to see Josie in a normal 8 year old setting. She sure does love her friends and people for that matter.

Cute thing that made me smile today was when she was doing her "all about me" homework paper. One question asked what makes feel special. Josie's answer, was "Because my friends treat me like a queen." It is amazing at such a young age they can all have such self respect for each other. It has been a treat to witness this during my past 2 weeks in second grade. Josie has taken a disability and turned it into an ability. I admire her for it. Good night, Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment