Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Getting Caught Up

My apologies for the long delay in posting. I have let this get away from me a bit and will try to do better. Life has been rolling along quite well. Josie is loving school, at least the important parts in her mind. She is having a wonderful time with all her friends. It shocks me how much more she is able to be with them and do more of the same activites. Today at lunch, about seven of the girls formed a little club. They decided that they were all going to dress like twins and were comparing notes to see if they all could mustard up the same color outfit. It is refreshing to watch Josie engage in normal 2nd grade stuff. On the play ground, they had a little club meeting and were in a different location on the actual playground than usual. Josie noticed that there were balls on the field and took charge of protecting herself. From her bike she summond three boys she knows over to direct them on how they were to protect her. Of course they were delighted to be put on the task. She told me not to worry that she was being taken care of. I love that she is looking out for herself and independent enough to organize how to make it happen. Bless these darling and supportive kids we are so lucky to be with.

I am also learning during 2nd grade. It has been a treat to be able to see the class and watch them learn. Josie is handling it pretty well. She definitely is behind where they are, but she is continuing to learn. We can't gauge her ability and how far she will be able to go. I just want to see her striving to do her best not what everyone else is capable of. This is hard when you are in a very advanced school district. I have to continually remind myself that I am lucky that she even has the capability of going to regular school and be grateful of what she can do.

I will post a few pictures of our desert trip with the family last weekend as well as more school pictures. Thanks for reading this and supporting us. It really means so much to Josie and I. Our best, Josie and Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment