Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday


If you look closely you can see that Josie is actually standing and holding onto Lilly cane while turning the rope. I have my hand on her shirt, but she is really steady. I love the strength that she has to do this for 20 minutes.

The Jump Rope Crew



Catching a butterfly on her finger

Hello all, So, above are the pictures I was going to post last night but have to admit that I fell asleep before they were uploaded. School continues to move along nicely. I have to say that I am actually learning a few more things in 2nd grade...embarrassing!! Mrs. Watts has such a nice flow to her class. I have thoroughly enjoyed being with Josie and the other kids. This is such a cute age.

Josie's walking in definitely progressing. She is really proficient when there aren't many distractions. I have to say that in the class she is still trying to figure it out. We will continue to work on it and she will get it. She walked a quarter of the way around the track at PE yesterday. She was incredibly stable even when part of the grade went running past her to their next activity. I thought she would for sure loss her balance but she didn't. The kids are a great motivating factor. They are so happy to see her upright and can truly appreciate how hard she is working. They are always giving her positive reinforcement.

Tonight we got to go to dinner with the Drummond's to Dona Maria's. Josie has been asking all week to go so we decided Thursday would be the best day. Josie was overjoyed to go out with Cole and his family. We always have a good laugh with those guys. It is so nice to have Ann on the board with me at Mending Kids. She is a much need asset to our organization. Thanks Ann!!

Off to bed so I can making through another day of 2nd grade!! I love it. Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment