Sunday, September 20, 2009

Apple pie ala mode







We were so fortunate to have another glorious Michigan day. More fun with the family. Church in the morning with a great sermon on if you have been given even one child you have been given Jesus. This couldn't be more true for me. I feel like I look into the eyes of someone very blessed when I look at Josie. I think every parent feels that way about their children.

After church, Josie and I decided to dive into a baking project...individual heart shaped apple pies. We made the dough and then had to put it in the refrigerator for a while. During that time we went to visit the Egers and we got to meet Janie who heads up Healing the Children in Michigan(we were that before we became Mending Kids International). What a treat to finally meet her and her sweet little boy, Reggie, from Haiti. Healing the Children has only a handful of their kids that ever have been adopted and here are 3 of us sitting together.

After dinner we got to try our creations and they weren't half bad. I did cheat on the filling and bought it at Williams Sonoma. With Jeanie and Boyd's help we added some real apples. Fun day had by all. Now to begin a very exciting therapy week, dog meeting and parents coming week. There will be a lot to update on so stay tuned!! We love you all for your support, Jenny and Josie

2 comments:

  1. They look wonderful and Josie looks like she had a blast making them! Please keep blogging, I am so in awe and inspired by Josie's determination and her beautiful smile we see in each picture!-http://krystros.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josie, Its me your new friend Kitty! Those apple pies look good as they tasted! I am very happy to have been there with you to enjoy them, Yum! You look like quite the happy baker! How many have you eaten now? Take care, Smiles from way up north, Kitty

    ReplyDelete