Sunday, September 13, 2009

Last day the pool is open





Today was the last day that the pool is open. Josie is so sad it is closing. It has been an incredible source of entertainment as well as a good workout. We are going to have to find another pool. It is too hard for her after these big workouts not to loosen her muscles up. Today the pool was freezing. I don't think they have had the heater on all week. She was brave enough to get in...not me. I watched her from the side. I had a take one more video of her swimming because I think it is so remarkable the strides she has taken in the pool this summer. One thing she learned was how to walk across the bottom. Most parents are trying to get their kids off their feet and swim. I, however, am begging her to walk aross the pool. What ever works! We went to the Park's park to listen to my cousin Barry play in his band. Beautiful weather to be sitting overlooking the lake. Jeanie, Roger and dog, THeo came over to Harriet's for dinner with us. We are exhausted and off to bed so this week will be another very productive one. Maybe it is just that I am tired tonight (which is not often) but we need a few really productive weeks. She has got to be more independent for her and for me. She is trying the sweet little girl. More prayers that this all starts to click more. Love, Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment