Monday, September 7, 2009

Sweet little girls with walkers and canes



Melissa, Mayra and Josie



Melissa, Mayra and Josie being silly



Josie walking in Farms Market

Josie had a great time today having the Eger sisters over to have lunch and watch the Hannah Montana movie. You may remember from my earlier posts that we met the Eger family at the Little Club in Michigan this summer by coincidence. The Eger's have a heart grown(adopted) little girl from Guatemala, Mayra and a heart grown from Haiti, Melissa. They also have three older home grown kids. Melissa and Josie are in very similar situations seeing that they both have conditions that prevent them from walking independently but have sharp, normal functioning minds. Anyway, it was fun for all three girls to get together. Lory Eger, the girls mom, and I wanted to see if Melissa could handle canes. She already has great balance and so much strength in her arms. We handed her the canes and she walked right across the kitchen floor!! If we do that by November I will be a very happy mom...Go Melissa. Needless to say Lory will be ordering those tomorrow. It is always a treat to be with the Egers. It is selfishly nice for me to have a mom in the same boat I am in. It is nice to bounce off different scenarios with one another. Thanks Egers for spending the day with us.

Tonight we went to our favorite store in town, Farms Market. I decided that Josie should try doing her new walker in public. Up to this point I don't think she was ready because it took so much concentration that it would be too distracting in public. She didn't even baulk when I put it in the car so I knew right there she would be ready. She was. She did so well maneuvering the isles and people. Matt, the nice store owner, helped us a lot of the way and Larry the other owner came to see her walking. They have only seen her in a stroller and were so pleased to see what she was here to do. I find great support where ever we are even in places like the local grocery store.

What a nice end to a good weekend and an amazing summer. As we turn to the Fall season, I look forward to what is on our horizon. My grandpa bet on a horse at the races the other day named Jenny's New Chapter. It's record is 2 wins and 1 second place. I hope I am as lucky as this horse in the race I feel we are in right now. If we fall a few lengths back it won't be from lack of trying and training. Now we are off to the races!! Love to all, Jenny and Josie....PS. let the new chapter begin.

2 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful! God bless them! http://krystros.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post of the girls! What champs - to say the least. It is amazing to see how all the hard work can pay off. Inspirational...
    Lots of love to you guys,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete