Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good Evening- It is difficult being in Michigan and watching the suffering that is taking place at home because of the fires. The trainers at my gym today were asking where I was from and at that moment Al Roker on TV reporting on the fires in the Crest. I pray that the firefighters, who are doing an incredible job, will get some cooperation with the weather and the homes in dangere will be spared. I pray the air quality will get back to a healthy level and the kids can actually start school.

As for us in Michigan we are happy and well. Josie had her second day of therapy today. When I came in, Sylvia said she wasn't doing well with the canes. I know we didn't work as intensely as we should have (there is always guilt on my part about this..there is always more to be done) but I also know she was doing the canes fairly well at home. I quickly got the canes and made Sylvia and Przemek watch how we were doing them at home. Sylvia was actually impressed and thought it was impossible for her to lose that much. I think Josie was not trying her hardest today because she is still fearful of them.

We actually got assigned "walking homework". They think she is strong enough to be able to do more at home. Remember last session she wasn't even allowed to stand at home because she wouldn't have enough energy for therapy. After dinner and a walk to the pharmacy we started our homework. She stood balanced on the canes for so long. After that we were going to bed so she walked out of the kitchen with her canes. I only had to catch her twice which is good for how far she had to go. She is definitely getting better with them but there is a long way to go. We'll check in tomorrow. Jenny and Josie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny:

    Glad to hear that you, Josie and your family were spared from the fires. I have been thinking of all of you. I am glad Josie can now practice her walking at home after therapy sessions. Yeah! Please tell her that I am thinking of her and wishing her lots of strength, balance and mostly fun!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josie!

    Cole says hi! He says that Mrs. Watts is really nice and the rest of the class misses you! Take Care.

    Ann & Cole

    ReplyDelete