Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The dog count down has begun...

Oh yikes, the dog comes tomorrow. I pray (literally) that this is a good and helpful thing because once Josie sees it it may be impossible to avoid. She has put her all into therapy the past 2 days and told me tonight it is because she has to be "good enough" to keep Wyatt. The pressure this 8 year old has to endure and does it with grace and love.

I find these days that the thing holding her back the most right now is her own fear. She hasn't come to grips with the fact that she is capable of walking. She knows the consequences of falling so she is timid. Sylvia is doing an excellent job at teaching her how to fall and not get hurt. Hopefully this will ease the fear and give her confidence. She was walking across the kitchen tonight and I swear I could have completely let go and she would have been fine. As soon as she felt me pull away she crumbled. She is so close. My new prayer focus is to relieve her of this fear. (please join me in that one).

I will post pictures tomorrow night after we return from the airport meeting Wyatt. It is incredibly kind of Sarah Holbert from Cares Inc. to come to us. We are so excited to meet her and of course Wyatt. Keep your fingers crossed that we can make an objective decision. Love, Jenny and Josie

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Josie, It sounds like you are doing so good. I am very happy to hear that you might be getting a dog. What a special day that will be. Are you missing all of the excitement at Harriet's house? I can't wait to hear what you think about Wyatt! Good luck, best wishes and lots of prayers :) smiles from the north, Kitty

    ReplyDelete