Thursday, September 3, 2009

It has taken Josie a few days to get back up to speed from where she left off...not a great mommy here thinking I was doing enough at home. Good learning lesson on how quickly it falls off. Anyway she showed great improvement with her canes today. She even ventured outside with the walker to try to navigate the rough and different terrain. She is doing a very good job with this.

Last week I begun to notice what I thought were small focal seizures. Sure enough they are. I can't figure out where and why they are creeping back. She is having about 4 a day and they are very short. I had to increase her meds to try to stop them completely. Cross your fingers they don't escalate. The worst part about them coming now is that they wanted to make her more responsible for herself by leaving her (in safe situations) so she can learn that someone isn't always going to be there to catch her. With these seizures that is impossible. Always a mystery and challenge.

On a very happy note, we got to swim under a full moon tonight. The weather was warm enough to day to go swim and she had a ball. It helps her so much to swim after such an intense workout. One more happy thing. I was able to contact the people in Kansas who train walking dogs for balance and mobility (defines Josie). We actually get to fill out her application now, she qualifies. I thought she would have to be around 10years old but she is ready!! The dog will be like a treadmill and pull her along for places like the grocery store, malls, even the halls at school. That is the simplest way to explain what we would use it for. They can also train their dogs for seizures...jackpot. I will update more about this when I have all the info. I am just excited that we are starting this new journey.

One more day with Sylvia before her week vacation. She will have Richard next week. I hope she works just as hard for him while Sylvia and Przemek are gone.

I am glad to hear the La Canada was finally able to go back to school. Josie is missing her friends but was glad to hear that a few of her friends will be in her class when she returns. She starts home schooling here next week. Happy Thursday night to all. Jenny and Josie

No comments:

Post a Comment