Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thursday

Good evening to all, I feel like a broken record when I keep saying "another great day at therapy" but I actually mean it. It is like when people ask how you are and you immediately answer with a polite "great" except I mean it. If you have ever met my dad and ask how his is it is always "terrific". He might quite possibly be the only one I know that means it. So after that unnecessary bit of family information Josie did have a good day. Richard trains her differently then Silvia and Przemek with a different method but incredibly effective. They have worked a lot on strength training. He also focuses on the very tiny but important details that coincide with walking. He is making her keenly aware of exactly what muscles, tendons, etc that need to work during each moment of a step. It is shocking to watch this process and then wonder how anyone ever learns to walk. Richard is also excited to have someone that can actually converse with and have understand at the level of a functioning human. He has so many damaged kids that can't communicate Josie is refreshing for him. Careful what you wish for because she could also talk you into the ground!!

After therapy we got to go watch Josie's Friend, May Eger, at her horseback riding lesson. We got to give some of the horses treats. May did such a good job riding. She looks so little out there but has such control of her horse. Josie and Melissa spent most of time picking flowers. The 3 girls have such a great time together. They just giggle away.

To bed we go since therapy is earlier this week and we wake up earlier. It will be great to get back to our other schedule next week. Thanks so much for reading this blog and supporting Josie. She asks everyday if she got a comment on her blog. It really does motivate her. Love, Jenny and Josie

PS. To my Dealing Divas -I wish I was being dealt in right now. I can't believe I am missing another cards night but most importantly my good friends. Miss you all and can't wait to see you in October. PS. Is anyone going to be able to stop Camilla??

1 comment:

  1. Hey Josie,

    Just know that we read your blog every night! We are so amazed by you and all that you do! Keep up the good work...

    Ann & Cole

    ReplyDelete